Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sessions problems on CI4

Hi, I have on my localhost with xampp on windows 11 several ci4 installations.
They worked fine until two days ago, because suddenly I could not open them anymore because I always receive this error message:

CodeIgniter\Session\Exceptions\SessionException
Session: Configured save path "D:\xampp\apps\prototype\writable\session" is not writable by the PHP process.

Of course I checked the folder permissions and they are properly assigned, considering no one has touched them,
and also I've checked the line
Code:
public string $sessionSavePath = WRITEPATH . 'session';
on App config file.

The only thing I've made, was to synchronize the xampp folder on Google Drive, maybe that changed something.

Is there someone who already faced this issue?
It doesn't seem to be a permission problem.
Maybe xampp installation went broke...

Thank you!

when there are "certain changes" that are not wanted on linux we use "timeshift" to revert ( it basically uses rsync ) on Windows can you not use " restore" to go back to when it worked.
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

(02-01-2023, 10:26 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: when there are "certain changes" that are not wanted on linux we use "timeshift" to revert ( it basically uses rsync ) on Windows can you not use "  restore" to go back to when it worked.

Hi, that was a good idea and I tried it right now, but it didn't work.
I don't understand...

Thank you anyway

maybe un synchronize drive and back up using alternative approach
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2023, 11:40 AM by gbwebapps.)

(02-01-2023, 11:14 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: maybe un synchronize  drive  and back up using alternative approach

I've already tried to un synchronize... I'll try to uninstall google drive from my pc...

(02-01-2023, 11:17 AM)gbwebapps Wrote:
(02-01-2023, 11:14 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: maybe un synchronize  drive  and back up using alternative approach

I've already tried to un synchronize... I'll try to uninstall google drive from my pc...

Same error...

Hello,

I have the same problem. Everything worked fine until I installed a program to sync files with Google drive.

I tried:
  • Stop syncing the folder where CodeIgniter is installed.
  • Uninstall Google drive from my computer.
None of this solved the problem.

Has anyone been able to find a solution?

Try to install XAMPP to another place, and copy your app.

(02-01-2023, 05:29 AM)gbwebapps Wrote: Hi, I have on my localhost with xampp on windows 11 several ci4 installations.
They worked fine until two days ago, because suddenly I could not open them anymore because I always receive this error message:

CodeIgniter\Session\Exceptions\SessionException
Session: Configured save path "D:\xampp\apps\prototype\writable\session" is not writable by the PHP process.

If you create a simple PHP script in the CI app folder, that simply attempts to create a file in that directory, using fopen() or something similar, does that work?

-joho

Clear your Chrome or what ever Web Browsers you use Cache out.

Windows 11 did do an update yesterday.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB