Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google Two-Factor Authentication Module for Shield

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2023, 02:50 PM by grimpirate.)

@datamweb thank you for the callouts regarding namespace and the helper functions. However, I fail to see the benefit of setting the actions manually.

If the person elected to use Halberd, it follows that they will always populate those two actions with the Halberd classes (otherwise you'd be using something other than Halberd). The login action can't work without the register action, and using only the register action essentially makes it function like an overly complicated CAPTCHA test (no one should want to do this).

If they wanted to stop using Halberd then they could use composer to remove it without affecting the overall Shield system and leaving Auth.php in a state that requires no editing. That seems a better and more modular approach to me.

If at some point I code the login action to function independently of the register action then your approach makes sense to me. In its present state however, I believe it's functioning as it should.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google Two-Factor Authentication Module for Shield - by grimpirate - 02-23-2023, 02:47 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB