Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google Two-Factor Authentication Module for Shield

To be honest, I wrote this action for Shield months ago.
It would be better if you just implement it with a class for login.

Shield uses codeigniter4/settings to set the parameters, by doing this you practically take away the possibility of setting these two parameters from the users.

Also, I disagree with your opinion that if someone installs Halberd, they must use it, if this is true, then if the user installs the Shield, he must have made the settings related to root protection, but you You have applied in Registrar.php.

In any case, thank you for helping the codeigniter community by sharing it.

(02-24-2023, 01:54 AM)datamweb Wrote: Also, I disagree with your opinion that if someone installs Halberd, they must use it, if this is true, then if the user installs the Shield, he must have made the settings related to root protection, but you You have applied in Registrar.php.

I agree with you regarding routes, (I had already removed the Filter when I reviewed the suggestions from your penultimate post). That was a remnant of how it was being leveraged in my particular project, which doesn't apply to other people's use cases.

I think the situation where there was an independent action for logins would make sense as part of a larger administrative system. Wherein registered users opt in to two factor authentication and would also select the delivery mechanism for one time passwords. I suppose you could forcibly show a page with QR Code after their first login, but that seems like a poor usability choice. Both scenarios are beyond my ambition/goals.

Thanks again.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB