Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Coding Sucks Anyway — Matt Welsh on the End of Programming

Coding Sucks Anyway — Matt Welsh on the End of Programming
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2023, 11:48 AM by captain-sensible. Edit Reason: rant about A.I )

thats OK i remember Raymond Baxter saying , i think it was on "tomorrow's world" that no one one would have to work because the robots would do it all ,in the near future.
What wasn't factored in was "who was going to pay for people to not work" . So here we are ten quid minimum wage Uk so, you now need 2-3 jobs to survive and work probably 2/3 more than a decade ago.

Don't get me wrong but those that tend to excel in computing may lack other skills, such as perspective, common sense etc.

A.I has quite some time to go. I get phone calls from Google to my mobile because the guy that previously had my number , was a personal trainer ( i spoke to him because in order to retrieve pics from an old facebook account , he had to use his old number, (my number and then phone me ) . So i get Google robotwits phoning me " when does your business open?" A : There is no business here Q: What time does your business close A" "throw an exception "
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

Exactly, that's the same thing I was thinking who is going to pay all these people getting layed off?
Pretty soon most countries will all be homeless.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2023, 05:16 AM by captain-sensible. Edit Reason: as Jimmy cricket used to say " wait there's moore " )

well someone is going to have to update the robots; i would suspect programmers will be needed for quite some time to come.

For instance can anyone name me one computer language that a robot created without help ?
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB