Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - HMVC version 5.2

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Yes I agree, but I have used a few 3rd party libraries which use odd CamelCase, and converting them all to lowercase solved a lot of problems.

[eluser]Maxximus[/eluser]
No issue, just a slight change of behaviour:
An include() of a file in a view without a path will try to load from the application/view directory, not from the application/module/view directory anymore.

One other thing, not sure yet it's me or ME: $this->output->cache(2) in modules will give empty cache files.

[eluser]Matthew Lanham[/eluser]
Id be interested in getting the PHP5 version.... what are the major differences and advantages out of interest

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
I've just finished my first CI app so I am pretty new to CI. I'd be interested in getting started with your modular extensions. Could you point me to a good starting point? Docs, examples etc.

PS: using PHP5 is it necessary (recommended) to start with an older version?

There is no functional difference between Versions 4.1 and 5.0, however there is a slight speed increase using PHP5.

You might like to start writing a normal CI application and when you are ready you can move the contents of your application directory into a module (don't move application/config errors or hooks)

If the module name and controller name are the same, the controller can be called from the URL as before, using index.php/controller/method, if the controller name is different from the module name then you would use, index.php/module/controller/method.

Thats about all there is to note, to begin with.

@Swanweb, files sent to your email account. Current revision is 5.0.09

[eluser]Maxximus[/eluser]
$this->output->cache(); works too in modules, but you need to use $this->load->view('view', $data), not $this->load->view('view', $data, TRUE). The last one returns the rendered view as a string value.

Probably obvious, since there is no output at that point Wink. I wanted to use the output cache for view snippets, but currently I don't see a way to cache these snippets, only full views.

This is not a limitation of ME, but CI.

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
Quote:@Swanweb, files sent to your CI account. Current revision is 5.0.09

Could you send me the latest files also, I might as well start with the latest, thanks.

@got 2 doodle, Files sent. feedback is appreciated.

Current revision is 5.0.10

If you guys don't mind providing me with an email address via private message to my account I will add you to the PHP5 version mailing list.

Current revision is 5.0.14

Thanks for your continued interest. Wink

[eluser]phpwebdev[/eluser]
Send me files too .

I will glad to test it.
regards
Valko Valkov

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB