Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I need help please
Star 

Hello CodeIgniter community,
I recently moved my website which was made using CodeIgniter 3, to a new server. Now I am getting this error message:

An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load your default controller. Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid.

Here are the contents of my routes.php file:

<?php  if ( ! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed');

$route['default_controller'] = "welcome";
$route['scaffolding_trigger'] = "";

/* End of file routes.php */
/* Location: ./system/application/config/routes.php */

welcome.php is located in: system\application\controllers\welcome.php

Either the directory structure of the new server is different, or there is a different version of php on the new server? I honestly have no idea what the problem is.
Does anyone have any suggestions???

Rename an "welcome.php" to a "Welcome.php"

(02-19-2024, 05:06 PM)nefone Wrote: Rename an "welcome.php" to a "Welcome.php"

Hi Nefone! thank you for replying to my question. unfortunately it did not solve the problem. the php file "welcome.php in unable to be renamed to Welcome.php and automatically reverts back to having lower case. 

if you still think that is the problem, maybe you have a suggestion how to get windows 10 to let me rename it without automatically reverting it back as soon as i hit enter.

i will be giving $50 via etransfer to the person that comes up with a solution for my problem in the first post:

An Error Was Encountered
Unable to load your default controller. Please make sure the controller specified in your Routes.php file is valid.

For CodeIgniter 3, controllers should be in the application/controllers directory, not system/application/controllers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB