Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Accessing $_FILES without having to upload a file

[eluser]garbetjie[/eluser]
Hi all.

I'm a real n00b when it comes to CodeIgniter, as I've just started my first project in it a few days ago.

There is an issue that I can't seem resolve when it comes to uploading files, and reading the data of the uploaded file.

For this specific project, I'm storing my images as a LONGBLOB in a database. Because of this, I don't really need to store the file in a permanent location on the server when uploading it. All I need is access to the uploaded file's details, and I'll then insert the raw data into the LONGBLOB field.

Now my real question is, is there functionality native to CI that will allow for this, or am I going to have to write my own class to handle these types of uploads?

Any help whatsoever would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
G.

Messages In This Thread
Accessing $_FILES without having to upload a file - by El Forum - 06-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Accessing $_FILES without having to upload a file - by El Forum - 06-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Accessing $_FILES without having to upload a file - by El Forum - 06-10-2008, 04:01 AM
Accessing $_FILES without having to upload a file - by El Forum - 07-22-2008, 04:33 AM
Accessing $_FILES without having to upload a file - by El Forum - 08-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB