Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New site launched - any feedback appreciated

[eluser]Dagobert Renouf[/eluser]
Hi the Mask, as a webdesigner I'm giving you a detailed answer :

1 - first impression : looks old
2 - global website is clear, navigation is good
3 - homepage design would benefit to be more focused on specific points of the message, here you only have text boxes all at the same level, that's not attractive and not efficient, a simple good headline would greatly improve the message, I mean I really don't know what this site does.
4 - effects on image looks weird and "I just found out photoshop could do that, awesome !"-like
5 - picture gallery is cool - people like that. However using thumbs instead of "1..2..3..4" buttons would be a better choice
6 - "our services" page is wrong, I think that a simple list is not enough for that purpose, + you don't emphasis anything really important. You could for example have an introduction paragraph that says the more importants elements in the list, and then after a :"see detailed services here" with a clear list - that would give the feeling of something more complete
7 - local info is right
8 - contact page would greatly benefit a instant contact form, people love that, I do ! That doesn't force you to open your mail manager and stuff, your clients don't have a gmail tab opened any time like us you know.
9 - WOW I JUST saw the site was in fact proposing deals on houses ? You should definitly put this on homepage like "featured deals" or "last deals".
10- just let you know I like the way you set up the cross that limits the 4 parts of the design, that's cool.

I know I kinda rock.

Messages In This Thread
New site launched - any feedback appreciated - by El Forum - 06-30-2008, 01:42 AM
New site launched - any feedback appreciated - by El Forum - 06-30-2008, 04:19 AM
New site launched - any feedback appreciated - by El Forum - 06-30-2008, 06:29 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB