Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3.0 RC2

The CodeIgniter 3.0 release candidate 2 is now available for download [Image: smile.gif]

Changes compared to the first RC:
  • Added form validation rule 'in_list'
  • Session files driver now throws an exception if save_path is invalid
  • Moved 'composer_autoload' initialization earlier in the runtime and added log messages to it in case of failure
  • Fixed a bug in CI_Session::mark_as_temp()
  • Fixed a bug in pdo_4d forge driver
  • Fixed a possible bug in Session database driver (this was quite possibly a PHP bug actually)
  • Fixed a bug in Image_lib where watermarking didn't work without drop shadows
The rest is documentation improvements.

Here are some instructions for upgrading to CodeIgniter 3 from CodeIgniter 2.

Please take it for a spin and let us know of any issues that need to be addressed!
James Parry
Project Lead

Well done !!
Web Developer

I've been testing CI 3 and it is so much better thank you.

Just a quick question. Can I only replace the system folder to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 or are there more places that need to be updated? e.g. index.php or config files etc.

(02-03-2015, 03:01 AM)jlp Wrote: Here are some instructions for upgrading to CodeIgniter 3 from CodeIgniter 2.

--
Kobus Beets | Java and PHP Developer
+27 83 943 8610 | kobus@reevosoft.co.za
http://kobusbeets.co.za/

welldone!
Web Developer

such a good news

(02-03-2015, 04:57 AM)reevosoft Wrote: I've been testing CI 3 and it is so much better thank you.

Just a quick question. Can I only replace the system folder to upgrade from RC1 to RC2 or are there more places that need to be updated? e.g. index.php or config files etc.

(02-03-2015, 03:01 AM)jlp Wrote: Here are some instructions for upgrading to CodeIgniter 3 from CodeIgniter 2.

you can't just replace the system folder. Check the link you cite, but the index.php, config folder, and views/errors folders are different, off the top of my head. Your class source files need to be renamed too.

for CI3 RC 1 to CI3 RC2 i am pretty sure it is just the system folder. But it is always best to check the change log in the documentation.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage, M5 Inc.

(02-03-2015, 11:08 AM)Hobbes Wrote: for CI3 RC 1 to CI3 RC2 i am pretty sure it is just the system folder. But it is always best to check the change log in the documentation.

Agreed, RC1 to RC2 is just the system folder. Upgrading from CI2.x to CI3 is more involved Undecided
Thumbs Up 

(02-03-2015, 11:08 AM)Hobbes Wrote: for CI3 RC 1 to CI3 RC2 i am pretty sure it is just the system folder. But it is always best to check the change log in the documentation.

Yes; from CI3 RC1 to CI3 RC2. I will have a look again but I did not see any major changes in the application folder hence me asking just to make sure. Big Grin Thank you.

--
Kobus Beets | Java and PHP Developer
+27 83 943 8610 | kobus@reevosoft.co.za
http://kobusbeets.co.za/

nice. go ahead
The largest Bengali tutorial site on Web Development in this planet

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB