Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI & extjs

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi all, been lurking for a while, reading, learning and testing things out. I have been playing with ci for some time now, on & off.

I mainly program in VFP and have been trying to branch out to php. I have also played with javascript a bit, but not much at all. So the problem I have is that. I am trying to learn extjs within ci. I can create a form onto the browser, but my question is once I fill in the form and hit the submit button, how do I get that information into ci to be used?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ron

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Hi Ron,

If you've been reading and playing, you know your [front] controller should be the "action" in your form. So your form should be "posting" to some url that matches a CI URI scheme.

Inside that controller you'll need to set up some validation routines to sanitize your data from the form. You can go to the User Guide and read step-by-step instructions on how to do that.

HERE: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...ation.html

Once you've validated your data, it will be available for you to work with further. (put into DB or whatever).

Randy

By the way, I fully integrate ExtJS with CI. There are plenty of ideas on how to do create that perfect beast and I have my own. I can certainly give you some pointers. I need to make it clear that I have no intention of giving you code though but I'll help where I can.

I suspect the next question will be "how do send my async response back to my frontend" -- so start searching for json_encode() if you're not already doing it ;-).

Have fun,

Randy

[eluser]indocoder[/eluser]
I dont know if it helps you or not...
but the default submiting form extjs is GET, use POST instead if you stay to use prety url which CI provide

Good point indocoder. Here it is from the ExtJs docs:

Quote:method : String
The default HTTP method to be used for requests. Note that this is case-sensitive and should be all caps (defaults t...
The default HTTP method to be used for requests. Note that this is case-sensitive and should be all caps (defaults to undefined; if not set but parms are present will use "POST," otherwise "GET.")

Thanks for point that out. I always send parameters with my ajax calls since it is part of my secuity checks, hence my calls are always POST'd, so I don't even think of this anymore.

Randy

[edit] that looks really weird the way it pasted in from the other site - it simply says: if you do nothing it defaults to undefined and will eventually end up a "GET" at your server. If you set parameters with your AJAX request, it will automatically turn your request into a "POST". [end edit]

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Code:
// Default method is POST
Ext.data.Connection.prototype.method        = 'POST';
// Prevent IIS from choking on empty POSTs
Ext.data.Connection.prototype.extraParams   = {_: ''}

The snippet above overrides the default connection settings, so when you e.g. create a new JsonStore you don't have to care about seting those values. Helps to keep your code a little more tidy.

Just paste it somewhere early in you javascript code and you're good to go.

[eluser]symbol.software[/eluser]
THANKS FOR THIS INFO - WAS VERY USEFUL FOR ME. I'm new to CODEINGNITER but experienced IN Extjs. Good Post !

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB