Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Creating a Layout Handler rather than using each Controler to render the full page.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
I do like what you've done. You see I mis-interpreted. I went all the way to the display_override as I thought that was your intent. I knew that would be a mess! Glad to see you're thinking post_controller while you can still take advantage of all the CI magic.

The only thing I don't like about Hooks is that they COMPLETELY obscure what is really going on unless you have things really, really well documented. Even then I tend to "out of sight, out of mind" them.

But maybe that's just me. I don't like to use them for that reason. But they are there to allow us to avoid hacking the core! Thanks _again_ Rick E.!

Randy

[eluser]Xeoncross[/eluser]
[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1216971410"]The only thing I don't like about Hooks is that they COMPLETELY obscure what is really going on unless you have things really, really well documented.[/quote]

I'll keep that in mind. I don't think that I will need hooks for much else as I can do everything else in the controller, model, and lib. I just didn't want to mess with layout stuff in each controller - and yet I didn't need anything complex.

Thanks for taking the time to show an example though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB