Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter site upload

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
[quote author="bennyhill" date="1216584350"]Spoke too soon. The site is running from the subdirectoy ok but I had to delete the htaccess file and add index.php/ to all my links in my code. I tried again to get the htaccess to work this morning but it still keeps resulting in 404 errors.

In a subdirectory called "newsite" I have my index.php file, htaccess file, and the codeigniter folder.
I want to be able to type www.mysite/newsite/ in the address bar and get my default controller to load.

What do I have to do to get this to work?[/quote]
We know nothing about your .htaccess or config.php files. For example, if you're using .htaccess to remove index.php from your urls, you must set $config['index_page'] = "";. You shouldn't be hard-coding "index/" in your urls. Use base_url instead.

Reread the user guide and then have another look through this thread.

[eluser]bennyhill[/eluser]
After some major digging, I guess I needed "Options -MultiViews" in my .htaccess file according to 1and1.com faq.

I now have the codeigniter application successfully running from my subdirectory the way it should be without hard-coded "index.php"

I also needed "DirectoryIndex index.php/" in there to get this url to work: www.mysite.com/newsite/
As well as another htaccess file in the root that directed apache to parse all files with .php extension to parse as php5 and not php4.

This little subtleties may be local to 1and1.com so I posted to maybe help someone else.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB