Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
ARGHHHHHHHH!!!! I GIVE UP!!!!!!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I hate being a quitter but I think i've had it with Cakephp. I am writing a simple app that queries a lesson plan database (no login authorization, just an open public database). The thing that bothers me teh most is the learning curve .. let me take that back.. the documentation. The documentation is just so unhelpful. How can people hype up a framework that lacks documentation is beyond me. Last week I decided to use Cakephp over Codeigniter mainly because of the ORM features (quite a few model associations). anyhow, a week later i'm still stumbling on some of its idiosyncrasies. I was looking at CI very seriously because of the it was plain simple and logical. And the documentation and the book from Packt (which i have) was pretty solid. But i picked Cakephp because of its ORM features. but anyhow, i am thinking of starting all over and just use CodeIgniter. Anyhow, I don't see how Cakephp is going to have a future if it continues to just not have decent documentation. Heck, even the screen casts they have are garbage. I am also weary of open source projects that do not have any company support the way CI or Symfony or Zend has. Anyways.. enough of me ranting...just wish i saw the light earlier.

[eluser]PvOostrom[/eluser]
You might be able to add ORM functionability to CI. Maybe the 2 links in this post will help you out..

http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/358876/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB