Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
HMVC - How to prevent scan directories for resource files ?

[eluser]ckissi[/eluser]
Hello,

Is there a way to load resource file without scanning directories ? I mean I need to exactly specify path for resource,

e.g. If I try to load : $this->load->view('myview') from controller
HMVC scans for several files in several locations:

application/modules/welcome/views/myview.php

application/modules/welcome/views/Myview.php

application/views/Myview.php

This is Ok for small applications but not if you write code for web with 120.000 uniques/day.

I checked modules_find function in modules_helper.php and seems that it's impossible without changing the code.

Is there a way to overcome this ?

Thank you...

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
If you use Modules properly and don't try to cross load resources then ME will find your files on the first try. And there is no issue.

If you are building a site for 120,000 uniques, some thought about application design is advisable.

[eluser]ckissi[/eluser]
Thanx wiredesignz unfortunately there are still 2 x access to file system..
First for is_file($path2.$name) and next when the file is included into code. It would be great to add some parameter that will prevent to scan with is_file and will just include exact file with full path specified.

You can always simply include the required file directly, without using $this->load, if it becomes an issue.

[eluser]ckissi[/eluser]
I looked more in code and "echoed" some things from module_find function...

Is file ? application/modules/welcome/views/myview.php

Is file ? application/modules/welcome/views/Myview.php

Is file ? application/views/myview.php

Found

application/views/myview.php

This is what makes things a bit slower... two checks for same file (one first char upper case the lowercase).

Also as you can see in my example I need to share some views for various modules so I want to put them in application/views/ directory (to be good organized), but if I cannot specify the exact path when I load this view it tries to find 3 files and makes 3 x is_file(....)

Any advice ?

[eluser]ckissi[/eluser]
[quote author="wiredesignz" date="1216416202"]You can always simply include the required file directly, without using $this->load, if it becomes an issue.[/quote]

Can you send me some example please ?

I'm bit confused now because e.g. views are not just included but there is some pre-processing included first ... I mean e.g. when I add data to view $this->load->view('viewname',$data); I cannot simply replace this with include('viewname.php');

You wouldn't include views obviously, but libraries, plugins, helpers, controllers could all be loaded manually if needed.

I would be happy to consider any improvements to the file loader if you are prepared to offer some code examples.

[eluser]Azghanvi[/eluser]
Hi ckissi,

I'm also working on a portal and planning to use CI for a website on which expected unique visitors will hit around 200,000.

Do you recommend CI + HMVC ?

What are the best practice tips. Thanks in advance for help!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB