Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Easy loading Ajax Library

[eluser]Devon Lambert[/eluser]
I think this may be the solution I am looking for.

Ajax for Codeigniter

----------------
Disclaimer: This may be a newbie question and I may already have what I'm looking for but it may need to be tweaked in the wiki. :-)

Been on the prowl for an Ajax library (that plays nicely with Jquery) but more importantly, that plays nicely with CI.

By playing nicely, I mean that XAJAX seems to require the use of a deprecated idea of core loading.

Checking the wiki found: here

It looks like Xajax must be saved in the init folder, as a sub folder in the application folder. Is this specific to CI OR specific to XAJAX?

Is there any Ajax library already in existence that simply gets loaded automatically in the CI autoload.php file as a library (Not as core)?

Thanks.

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
CI is loaded on the server side... jquery, ajax and whatever is all based on javascript, which is client side.
You load it in your view...

I guess you could hack the autoload library to "autoload" your ajax library by scanning your view output for the <head></head> tags and add your <script> tag in it...

[eluser]Devon Lambert[/eluser]
Thanks Bramme.

Another Newbie moment brought to you by Dnyce.

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
with pleasure!

Smile

[eluser]chandrajatnika[/eluser]
I prefer prototype.js than xajax, so I can give free imagination for web designer's job

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
I wrote a pretty easy to understand tutorial on implementing AJAX via jQuery in a CodeIgniter app.

[eluser]CARP[/eluser]
[quote author="Michael Wales" date="1216720815"]I wrote a pretty easy to understand tutorial on implementing AJAX via jQuery in a CodeIgniter app.[/quote]

Lol, I've arrived later. 404

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB