Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IgnitedJobs.com - Project "Completed", would love some testers!

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Topic basically says it.

I'd highly appreciate it if some of you would give ignitedjobs.com a run and see if you spot any bugs/blantantly missed features.

I really don't know what else to add to it at this point other than doing some cleanup work and finishing all my automation scripts (for handling automated post removals, etc).

You can either post anything you find here or @ http://bugs.ignitedjobs.com/

On a side note, thanks a ton for the help on getting some issues figured out (to all of you!)

[eluser]Sam Dark[/eluser]
Needs design.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Elaborate. I think it's pretty well designed as is. ;p

Simplicity is key. That and I'm not a designer. Creativity does not run in my blood (not visual creativity, anyway).

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
No features....??

Just work more on this dude.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Let me try to set some ground here since the only responses so far have been ambiguous at best.

Features? What else do you want in a free job posting site?

This isn't for the job seeker, this is for the job poster. The job poster is welcome to post an "Apply Here" link to monster, dice, their own site or whatever they choose.

This isn't a full-fledged seeker-type site like Monster/Dice/CareerBuilder, et al.

Think Craigslist with a splash of color and no other subjects being covered. Oh, and some mild moderation to keep out MLM garbage.

If you check it out (I appreciate it, really!) and have a comment. Explain What/Why.

Why does it need design? What do you mean?

What features? I consider IgnitedJobs.com feature-complete for the most part.

EDIT: And by test, I mean create a job post, look at the process and let me know if it's straight-forward enough. (Yes, this means using an email addy you can check - don't worry, the DB will be pruned numerous times - it's not "live" yet)

About design. Opened it. Looked at it. Closed it.

It's ugly. Ugly colors, ugly layout. Just pain for my eyes.

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Dude ...You are not trying to get what we are saying else you are wasting your time in defending.

Features..register,login,save,email,..and so on

Yes design is not up to the marks...

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
Here, I'll bold this so it's easier to read.

Functionality is on the board here. Not how it looks.

Time for a little rant.

I create a simple project to show off CodeIgniter and maybe even have a secondary usefulness. I post a little 'Test the app and let me know of any bugs' thread on the forum of the very framework I used and...

What do I get?

Your design sucks. It's ugly. Ugly Colors. Ugly Layout. Pain for my eyes.

Sigh. I don't care that the design sucks. That's not what I was asking about. I'm sorry that I can't afford to hire a designer to throw together a decent layout. All the good ones want 1000+. I looked. And that's for a fairly basic logo and a single page w/ styled forms/content. You know, from one of those "web 2.0" design companies. I'm sorry that I can't design anything because I know very little HTML, less CSS and can barely figure out how to draw a circle in Photoshop/GIMP/insert your favorite graphics app here.

I literally know no one that can design well. It's the curse of being a UNIX Admin with a development hobby. You just don't get introduced to the creative types. If you REALLY don't like it that much, don't bother commenting. You're wasting your time, my time and the time of anyone reading this thread. The only purpose of this thread is bug-squashing (the big, obvious ones.. and the layout not being to your liking isn't a bug).

-------------------------------------

My only goal is to get this site live so I can show it off to other Developers I know (both new and experienced). Show them the features and power of the CodeIgniter Framework.

ME: "Hey, Bob, look at this. A working job-posting site with really basic post management for the posters all in about 160 lines of code!"

Bob: "Wow, that's great! How did you do that?!"

ME: "Why, with CodeIgniter of course! You can check it out at codeigniter.com. Very easy to use and learn. I'll even help you get started when you decide to dive into it."

I know developers. Lots of developers. I work around a set of applications that are heavily driven with PHP. I want them to consider using CI. What I have now is a good start that needs some bug-squashing and some visual cleanup. The visual cleanup part won't be done by me.

Cliche: No good deed goes unpunished.

[eluser]awpti[/eluser]
There will be no registration.

There will be no logging in.

Simplicity is the key goal of this project.

Go check out Craigslist. They offer login features but it's not necessary.

You can utilize the entire site anonymously, including posting ads. Smile

awpti
Sorry about commenting design so rough.

No registration is a good thing but email confirmation + captcha are nearly the same.
btw., haven't got any email in my inbox Sad

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB