Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
order_by group_by escape

I've seen a post similar to this on the old forums: https://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/130013/#642051 but using the search for combinations of the terms active record, order_by, group_by, escape, etc didn't get any results. I apologize if this is a repeat.

I love using active record for database calls and having it escape user entered data. The select method has an option to skip escaping the data. Looking at the core classes, it appears it could be pretty simple to add this functionality to the group_by and order_by functions and having done so myself it works like a charm but I don't like having customized core classes especially when it comes time for upgrades.

Would it please be possible to make the active record calls all have an "escape" flag?

Thanks

The EllisLab forum material will be integrated into this forum soon, so that your search here would have turned up the same material. There are some 250,000 posts to import, so it has to be done offline, taking the forum down for maintenance while that is happening. Soon ... soon ...

(02-06-2015, 03:01 PM)austinhaws Wrote: I've seen a post similar to this on the old forums: https://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/130013/#642051 but using the search for combinations of the terms active record, order_by, group_by, escape, etc didn't get any results. I apologize if this is a repeat.

I love using active record for database calls and having it escape user entered data. The select method has an option to skip escaping the data. Looking at the core classes, it appears it could be pretty simple to add this functionality to the group_by and order_by functions and having done so myself it works like a charm but I don't like having customized core classes especially when it comes time for upgrades.

Would it please be possible to make the active record calls all have an "escape" flag?

Thanks

That has already been done for CI3, only it's called Query Builder instead of Active Record in there.

(02-06-2015, 03:19 PM)Narf Wrote: That has already been done for CI3, only it's called Query Builder instead of Active Record in there.

That's great news! Thanks!

I'm excited for CI3! You guys are awesome!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB