Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Main site page and support subdir question..

[eluser]Tosha[/eluser]
The situation is:

./index.php
./application/ --> First application dir
./system/
./support/index.php
./support/application/ --> Second application dir here

Its all right on all configuring the system for using one system directory, but how to use one models? I can kill the codeignitor code for uploading what i need, but there will be no updates then.. Can i use it without reprogramming?

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Hi Tosha,

More clarity please...are you trying to use a Model from ./application/models in your ./support/application/controllers controller classes?

[eluser]Tosha[/eluser]
[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1217279323"]Hi Tosha,

More clarity please...are you trying to use a Model from ./application/models in your ./support/application/controllers controller classes?[/quote]

Hi Randy, yah, you thinking right, but i want to use my models from support, because im writing it firstly.. but really there are no differences.. maybe better to use as u told.

But question is open.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
If you're crossing boundaries between applications you're best to think of those resources as libraries rather than Models. We generally think of an MVC construct being focused on a single application while the underlying API being supportive of multiple applications.

If you have a collection of capabilities that are reused between several applications that starts the become more of an API made up of libraries of Classes than an MVC construct that supports one application.

This is why you see "system" and "application" directories. You should consider re-reading the sections of the documentation covering Using your own libraries and maybe even Extending the core classes.

Hope this is helpful.

Randy

[eluser]Tosha[/eluser]
You see, i dont want create new libraries for all that things i need to reuse.. The best way is to use same functions from that models.. so as i see its not possible to configure my installation like it?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB