Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
mysite/username - How to?

[eluser]Jônatan fróes[/eluser]
The title says everythig... Can someone helpe me?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Quote:The title says everythig…

And yet, it says nothing at all.

You have two options. 1.) Have a procedure that writes/modifies your config/routes.php file so you can manage routes from the application and not just your text editor. 2.) Extend/override CI_Router class, specifically the _set_routing() method.

I wanna use the routing...

I Already have a controller like

Class User Extends Controller {

function show_user($post_id) {
}

}

[eluser]Alex.[/eluser]
1) Make a route for every controller on your site.
E.G.
$route['register:any'] = 'register$1';

2) After defining a route for every controller, define another one like so
$route['(.+)'] = 'users/viex/$1';

If I remember my regex correctly, then that will call the users controller when a 'username' is encountered.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
"Catch-all" routing like that, Alex, is really a less-robust method of implementing things like this. I know it's something everyone cooks up at first, but I think for more robust solutions, extending the modifying CI_Router is the way to go.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Check that post, it's similar to your question:
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/85290/

thanks...

Let me try it...

[eluser]Alex.[/eluser]
[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1217314256"]"Catch-all" routing like that, Alex, is really a less-robust method of implementing things like this. I know it's something everyone cooks up at first, but I think for more robust solutions, extending the modifying CI_Router is the way to go.[/quote]

I know it's not the most graceful solution, but it's the easiest way to get the desired effect.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
I don't find anything difficult in extending the router class.

Post edit (clarification of my answer)
Alex, your method work, however, I am still thinking it is more easy to do it by extending the router class rather than your method. I also in my answer tried to push people to use good practices, that's why I said "I don't find anything difficult".

[eluser]Alex.[/eluser]
Yes, in that respect your method is much better

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB