Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter version 1.0 to current

So my website is using Codeigniter version 1.0 - Im wondering what it would take to update it to the current version?

The website is quite large as it is a Directory however we have not launched just yet.

Cheers

I sincerely hope that this is a joke.

Why would I waste my time posting a joke?
Instead of being a douche bag you could have written something constructive.

dearworld.

Unfortunately, the process is lengthy.  The User Guide for 3.0 contains the upgrade process (under Installation Instructions) but it is broken into steps from one version to the next, over 25 steps from 1.0 to 3.0.

Please read those steps and decide if it is worth that effort.  It "might" be easier to start from near-scratch and rebuild your app using 3.0.  You would not be starting from zero and would have the upgrade guide to suggest what has changed since 1.0.

If you do decide to go the multi-step upgrade route, plan your conversion process, since some of the earlier version changes will be overridden by later version changes.  Some libraries and methods are completely gone, some have been re-named and moved to different directories.

I can't suggest an "easy" way to do it, except to ask questions here if you get stuck.

CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

(02-08-2015, 09:38 AM)dearworld Wrote: Why would I waste my time posting a joke?
Instead of being a douche bag you could have written something constructive.

I'm being a douchebag? Don't jump on people for not believing a first-time poster that they're still running the very first version of the framework - that makes you the douchebag. Your question is the equivalent of "how do I upgrade from Windows 1.0 to Windows 8.1", you'll have a hard time finding more than a few people to take it seriously. Honestly, if I wanted to troll here I'd ask as similar question.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, and I'll tell you this - there are 32 releases between CI 1.0 and the latest released 2.2.1 and the upgrade path is one micro-version at a time. It's not worth the effort, just rewrite the app using a modern platform.

Wow! Version 1.0 is 9 years old!!! Tongue

http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/ch...n-beta-1-0

(02-15-2015, 08:16 AM)includebeer Wrote: Wow! Version 1.0 is 9 years old!!! Tongue

http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/ch...n-beta-1-0

I understand that. I have a web site  with 1.0 that had been running until last year. Just trying get the web site back up and running. What versions of PHP worked with Codeigniter 1.0? Is there a easy to to update to Codeigniter 3.0/4.0 and just use the old database?

CI 1.6 worked on PHP 5.2.

According to Google Gemini:

Quote:PHP Version for CodeIgniter 1.0

CodeIgniter 1.0 is compatible with the following PHP versions:

PHP 4.3.0 or higher
    PHP 5.2.0 or higher (recommended)

Please note:

Some features may not work with PHP 5.3.0 and later.
    CodeIgniter 1.0 was released in October 2012 and reached end-of-life support in June 2014.
    Using older PHP versions is strongly discouraged due to potential security vulnerabilities.
    We highly recommend using the latest version of PHP.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB