Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Moving away from the MVC pattern

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I never said the request has to come from a form, did I? With your image example you can return the data in the model method instead of passing the data from the model to the controller and return it there. returning the img data in the controller is not strict MVC. so why not do it as close to the base as possible?

i'm trying to understand what you are trying to say and try to see why you want to hold on to more files than needed if a an alternative is offered. I'm having trouble with the vagueness of your responses.I'm someone who learned by example, by practice. Theories are for bar conversations.

I'm not the most clever person on the forum i just have fast fingers and a lot of ideas. And i think this is an idea that can save a lot of people a lot of headaches, that is why i defend it so furiously.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Quote:I never said the request has to come from a form, did I?

I suppose I inferred it. Perhaps I mistook your step-by-step methodology in which you have multiple steps labeled "validation" that I asked you for clarification about. You clarified one of these for example with this:

if( ! $this->validation->run()){ }else{ redirect(); }

which is a CI way of validating FORM fields.

Quote:I’m having trouble with the vagueness of your responses.
I can't fill the gaps of your experience in a forum post. I don't write "prove your point code" for forums as a long standing rule I won't change. I'll see what I can do about getting one of these applicationss released so you can see for yourself. My experience is that for most [ PHP -> HTML FORM -> PHP ] coders these applications are so foreign that it won't make any difference. You'll still accuse me of being 'vague' or the app will be flamed for no good reason simply because it isn't understood.

I assumed I was making a mistake when I made the attempt to contribute to this...hence this quote that I said:

Quote:It’s a struggle, so I just try not to talk about it.

Oh well.

I applaud your passion.

Quote: ...that is why i defend it so furiously.

Rock on, but I oppose your concept as it is presented until it takes a broader implementation into account.

Randy

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Ok i can see now where you got the idea of the form. But the snippet was meant to demonstrate the redirect in the validation file. The validation library to use is up to you , i only added it because people are familiar with it. Context is important Wink

The vagueness remark is because i find it hard to make something out of it, maybe it's more clear for everyone else. It isn't meant to offend you.

I want my MVC variation to be as broad as the original MVC pattern so i'm open to your input.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
I think it would help clear up some things if you all read about the MVC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-view-controller

http://www.martinfowler.com/eaaDev/uiArchs.html

Also about design patterns in general.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_patt...r_science)

The MVC is a combination of the Observer, Composite and Strategy design patterns.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB