Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
An error occurred translating the query string to UTF-16: No mapping for the Unicode

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 06:59 PM by projack89.)

Hi All,
I have a problem when using CI 2.14 or 2.1.0 with SQL Server 2012. I use sqlsrv for dbdriver. I got error massage like this when try to Login in my application. This error was happened when i was tried to input my password form with number, symbols and another else except character.If I only input password form with character everthing still working good. I have used google for solved my problem and only got this tutorial but I still got error when I tried 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/91787...odeigniter

Code:
A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: IMSSP
An error occurred translating the query string to UTF-16: No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page. .
SELECT * FROM tbl_mst_user WHERE USER_ID = 'opsup4' AND USER_PASSWORD = '���hbhb'
Filename: C:\xampp\htdocs\kerjaan\TreasuryOperation\system\database\DB_driver.php
Line Number: 330

This is my Model when insert to database

PHP Code:
public function validate(){

$USER_ID $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('USER_ID'));

$USER_PASSWORD $this->security->xss_clean($this->input->post('USER_PASSWORD'));

$EnkripsiUserPassword=Enkripsi($USER_PASSWORD);

$this->dbuser->where('USER_ID'$USER_ID);

$this->dbuser->where('USER_PASSWORD'$EnkripsiUserPassword);

// Run the query

$query $this->dbuser->get('tbl_mst_user');

if($query->num_rows == 1)

{

// If there is a user, then create session data

$row $query->row();

$data = array(

'USER_IDX' => $row->USER_IDX,

'USER_ID' => $row->USER_ID,

'USER_NAME' => $row->USER_NAME,

'UNIT_ID' => $row->UNIT_ID,

'DEPARTMENT_ID' => $row->DEPARTMENT_ID,

'DIVISION_ID' => $row->DIVISION_ID,

'BRANCHBSMI_ID' => $row->BRANCHBSMI_ID,

'GROUP_NAME' => $row->GROUP_NAME,

'GROUP_DESCRIPTION' => $row->GROUP_DESCRIPTION,

'validated' => true

);

$this->session->set_userdata($data);

return true;

}

// If the previous process did not validate

// then return false.

return false;

And this my file in Third Party folder for Encrypt and Decrpty User input password

PHP Code:
sory edited for any reason :

My question, is this a bug from CI driver for SQL Server ? And how to solved this problem, any advice to me ? This is make me painful

Thank you

The whole code has more problems except the encoding.

1. You use encryption for passwords. Use hashing.
2. Your encryption algorithm is non-standard, super-weak, and it does not have separate secret data (a key) to be applied. By publishing its code here the encryption is already compromised.

3. To the concrete problem: You may encode the problematic strings using base64 before storing within the password field, on reading apply base64 decoding. This is not a solution, better try to refactor the whole password related code.

(02-08-2015, 08:03 AM)ivantcholakov Wrote: The whole code has more problems except the encoding.

3. To the concrete problem: You may encode the problematic strings using base64 before storing within the password field, on reading apply base64 decoding. This is not a solution, better try to refactor the whole password related code.

Thank's for your reply, I have another problems, I can't change all value in the password field with base64 because the field passowrd has using by another application. If i change the password it will make big effect to anoher application

Do you have any better idea ? What part of my code have to change to solved my problems ?

I am out of ideas, this looks tricky to be solved from distance.

I think you have to convert the string into utf8 like this

PHP Code:
iconv('','UTF-8',$EnkripsiUserPassword); 

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB