Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
The Beginning

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi,

i have a few questions concerning codeigniter.
First to know. I'm from germany and my english isn't the best but I hope you understand, what I write. ;-)

I'm wonderng how to start with building a Webpage with codeigniter.

The last years, I only builded my Webpages with manual typing PHP-Code.

Know I want to know, how can I begin to work with CI. I read the part about the Controlers and Views. And i Think I understand it.

If I want to build my Webpage in different Files, which is the best way to realize that with CI?

I want to have one index.php which takes the Css-File and has the Design-Structure which any other Site of my Webpage have. But, when I click any Menu-Pount the content have to change. Do I make the Includes for the content in the Controllers? Or in the View File?

Greetz
Mikesh

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
Hey Mikesh,

If you haven't yet, start out by watching the video tutorials, those should help clarify the controller/view thing. Then take a peek at the user guide - everything you can ever ask is in there.

For a very basic application CI works like this: all requests go through index.php (regardless of the page), the url beyond index.php (or a route) is used to determine what controller is called. The controller then processes the request and returns a view (the html). Anything related to data should be done in a model.

Most applications have common view partials used throughout the application. There are several approaches to include them, incidentally the php include() function is not one of them. I outlined two of them recently. [link]

Welcome to CodeIgniter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB