Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Route alias' like some other MVC frameworks (pylons, etc)

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Quote:There seems to be a movement toward complexity lately.

I can't help but agree with you there, Rick. My guess is that people come to CI thinking it's the answer to all, or most, of their programming challenges. Once they run into a slight stumbling block, they go for their hammer or hop online and seek one out. All of a sudden what you have is people declaring that some aspect or lack of features in CodeIgniter is the problem.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Hear Hear!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
woah woah.. i'm not declaring the fault of CI is ultimately decided by whether named routes are available or not. i've written my own frameworks for php before the MVC term was thrown around. lately i've been working in the pythonic world and i must say there are things i love, but other things i miss (from php).

each programmer thinks differently. different experiences, skills, and... customers.

for example... i like the way cakephp handles its view (layouts, views, elements) so i adapted it to my python/pylons project. And actually found the library someone wrote for CI.

Well I have found named routes quite nice. I may build this myself (in which case I'll post my solution).

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
That criticism was not aimed at you, johnnyice. It just happens in general. I quite like the idea of named routes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB