Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
HTML Emails to Yahoo

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
As many of you may not subscribe to the ExpressionEngine blog, I thought I'd point to this article last week which is relevant to CI, since the same bugfix impacts CI's email class greatly. Many of you had reported problems of sending certain HTML content to Yahoo accounts, and it should be fully and completely resolved in the SVN.

[eluser]Skinnpenal[/eluser]
Do you mean that if I grab this file: http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/.../Email.php
The issues with yahoo will be solved? In that case it didn't work for me.

Yes, but that depends on what you mean by "issues". The issue of truncating content, Yahoo showing blank emails is fixed. If you are using HTML that Yahoo doesn't like, there's nothing CI can do about that. Save, zip, and attach your example email if you like and I'd be happy to verify.

Skinnpenal?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
This is huge, thank you so much. We had this very problem in Entourage and Yahoo, and the above update to Email.php for CI fixes that problem. This is not included in the the latest CI release (1.6.3) but should be pulled by anyone facing this problem.

Also, I often find fixes that solve problems that would otherwise consume much of my time, if I could even solve them myself without help. This is a special case in that I was prepared to embark on a long process of debugging, but given the nature of the problem/fix, I would likely never have found the answer. So this fix literally saved us from having to add another mail library on top of CI...thank you!!!

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
yahoo domain keys are a royal pain to work with .. ><

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB