Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Issue connecting to MySQL

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I installed MySQL using the automated installer (in Windows) using the 'Typical' settings. I added a password and setup a database with a table in it. I am able to connect to the database from the command line or from sqlyog, but if I try to use CI, I get a '500 - Internal Server Error' message.

I have double and triple checked the settings in the application/config/database.php file and they are correct. When I try to use the autoload feature, the whole site will give me the 500 error message and if I use '$this->load->Database();' just the pages involving that controller give me the error. I just started learning PHP within the last two weeks, so I don't really know how to debug this error very well. If anyone has some suggestions, that would be great!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I think I found the problem. I tried on Apache and IIS, and both were not working. So after a lot of searching, I found that in PHP 5, the mysql extensions are not enabled by default any longer. I uncommented the line in php.ini and now it seems to work.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB