Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Newbie trying to figure CodeIgniter out

[eluser]Quziz[/eluser]
Hi guys!!

Ive been reading, watching tutorials on how to get started. firstly i have created a controller and named/saved it as helloworld.php in the coltrollers directory. whenever i try to view the file, i am always greeted with the welcome page, unless if i delete it which gives a 404 error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

[eluser]erik.brannstrom[/eluser]
What does your controller and view look like? And how are you trying to access the controller (i.e. the URL)?

[eluser]Quziz[/eluser]
i'm using abyss web server, as i prefer to use this locally than apache. not sure if that could be the problem?

if i view http://localhost/index.php/hello , i see the welcome page.

my hello.php controller looks as follows:

<?php

class hello extends Controller {

function index() {

echo "hello world!";
}

}
?>

i just noticed you said view, does that have to be a view? thanks
- quziz

I doubt using Abyss should affect the results. You should use uppercase for the first letter in your controller class name. And using a view to display your pages is highly recommended, but not necessary, but echoing is very useful for testing and debugging (which basically is what you're doing).

[eluser]Quziz[/eluser]
i've changed hello to Hello and no luck :-(

Is the file called hello.php or helloworld.php (you've said both). It should be hello.php

If that's not the problem, it's very strange.. Have you set all the config settings, such as $config['base_url']?

[eluser]Quziz[/eluser]
now when i go to the url i get Fatal error: Class 'Controllers' not found in

silly me, i had typed controller's'

thanks for your help! its working. Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB