Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Routing

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello everebody. I`m totaly newbie with Codeigniter.
Can someone help me, I`m currently have url like

somesite.net/index.php/news/

, but i wanna url like

somesite.net/news/

without index.php in URI.

How to do this. Sorry, if this question previously been asked.

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="Gaer" date="1219164368"]Hello everebody. I`m totaly newbie with Codeigniter.
Can someone help me, I`m currently have url like

somesite.net/index.php/news/

, but i wanna url like

somesite.net/news/

without index.php in URI.

How to do this. Sorry, if this question previously been asked.[/quote]

I'm usually not the one to say this, but RTM or STF! (Read The Manual or Search The Forum). This question has been asked a gazillion times in the forum AND it's documented in the user guide. >Sad

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
If you are so clever, maybe you post one of the `gazilions` link? I have already RTFM, i`m search the forum AND I didn`t find working solution yet. Or you can be only angry, mister 'I know everything'? :coolsmirk:

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
user guide

[eluser]codex[/eluser]
[quote author="xwero" date="1219172807"]user guide[/quote]

You beat me to it x ;-)

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
I always carry the user guide around with me (signature) so I have no excuses.

[eluser]sophistry[/eluser]
@Gaer... welcome to CI. i too want to be an angry "mister-i-know-everything" because it has a cool acronym: MIKE ;-)

seriously, in the future, you'll get better responses if you show that you did some work helping yourself before you post something like "sorry if this has been posted before" which just smells of contempt for the whole idea of the user guide, the comprehensive and helpful forum, and wiki. also, "if you are so clever maybe you post one of the gazillions link" sarcastic remarks are not going to win you any helpful friends - it's just antagonizing with no purpose. keep a steady keel.

this gives me an idea for a forum improvement - there should be a button on the posting page labeled "RTM" so it just inserts the link to the manual for people who are too tired to find it. it could even be a pop-up with the main TOC headings in it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB