Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email class using smtp protocol. pls help

[eluser]GKenny[/eluser]
[quote author="soar" date="1226872117"]Confirmed: same script working on Linux and DOn't working on Windows - tested with *nix SMTP-server.[/quote]

I concur with Soar. I was having that Max execution time probleme when trying to send email through SMTP using a Windows 2008 server with MailEnable. I then change my parameters and used my FC6 Unix server with Exam as the MTA and it worked right away.

EDIT: I added these 2 lines:

Code:
$config['newline'] = "\r\n";
$config['crlf'] = "\r\n";

and it started working right away with my Windows server.

[eluser]Iverson[/eluser]
[quote author="GKenny" date="1235079325"][quote author="soar" date="1226872117"]Confirmed: same script working on Linux and DOn't working on Windows - tested with *nix SMTP-server.[/quote]

I concur with Soar. I was having that Max execution time probleme when trying to send email through SMTP using a Windows 2008 server with MailEnable. I then change my parameters and used my FC6 Unix server with Exam as the MTA and it worked right away.

EDIT: I added these 2 lines:

Code:
$config['newline'] = "\r\n";
$config['crlf'] = "\r\n";

and it started working right away with my Windows server.[/quote]

Wow, this works for me too. Except that I can't pass a variable into the functions! I have to do $this->email->subject('Email Test') instead of $this->email->subject($subject). WHY?!?!?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB