Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Broken form

[eluser]Bursh[/eluser]
Hey

I've got another issue :down: !

I've got a form on a page that refuses to be clicked. I've tried using the form helpers to create it and I've tried hard-coding it but it refuses to be usable (except for the button). I've deduced (by way of deleting bits and trying it) that it's something to do with part of my HTML.

Has anybody heard of HTML interfering with forms before? I've never had this problem outside of CI. Can anybody shed some light on this situation for me, please? Thank you.

Regards,
Bursh

[eluser]erik.brannstrom[/eluser]
Please submit your code, it will be much easier to debug Wink

[eluser]Bursh[/eluser]
Woops! I meant to add it and forgot. Sorry. Here you go:

Header:
Code:
<div id="header">
            <p>My
                <span>Portfolio</span>
                <sup>By
                    <a href="http://templatefusion.org">
                        TemplateFusion.org
                    </a>
                </sup>
            </p>
        </div>

Form:
Code:
&lt;form action="Admin/Login/doLogin/" method="post" name="login" /&gt;
                <label for="username">Username:</label> &lt;input type="text" name="username" /&gt;
                <br />
                <label for="password">Password:</label> &lt;input type="password" name="password" /&gt;
                <br />
                &lt;input type="submit" name="submit" value="Login"  /&gt;
            &lt;/form&gt;

P.S: I'm using a template I downloaded until I can get another one done.

I can't see no reason for this form not to work.. Pure (X)HTML can't disable itself, 'cause that is what happens right? Only the buttons are enabled? No JavaScript running that could mess things up? Only error in your code as far as I see is that the labels for value should be a reference to an input id, not name, though that's hardly what's causing this..

[eluser]Bursh[/eluser]
The fields aren't greyed out as if they were disabled or read only, you just aren't able to click them and the cursor doesn't change - instead either the footer or header text gets highlighted.

Maybe if you could post a link so we could see the problem in action? Otherwise I'm stumped, sorry.

[eluser]mdowns[/eluser]
Quote:Form:
Code:
&lt;form action="Admin/Login/doLogin/" method="post" name="login" /&gt;
                <label for="username">Username:</label> &lt;input type="text" name="username" /&gt;
                <br />
                <label for="password">Password:</label> &lt;input type="password" name="password" /&gt;
                <br />
            &lt;/form&gt;

Remove the slash on the form element.
Code:
&lt;form action="Admin/Login/doLogin/" method="post" name="login" &gt;
                <br />
                <br />
            &lt;/form&gt;

[eluser]Bursh[/eluser]
I've removed it but that doesn't fix it Sad

I'm having trouble getting it uploaded as I use a windows server and it seems to be refusing to allow any CI application to be seen in any folder or sub-domain. In case I get it going, the URL is: http://cms.dailytip.net/Admin/Login/

[eluser]Bursh[/eluser]
Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to bring this back to peoples attentions.

I've got a version of this problem online now for people who want to have a look. You can see it at: http://cms.dailytip.net

It's a problem with your CSS. The header is on top of your form, if you remove the positioning of the header it'll work.

EDIT: Actually, just remove the height and that should do it without messing up the positioning. At least in FF3.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB