Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SQLite problem

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
You're close to getting sqlite3 to work with CI 1.7.1. I followed the steps like you'v done here. Here's my database.php settings that worked for me.
Code:
$db['default']['hostname'] = "localhost";
$db['default']['username'] = "";
$db['default']['password'] = "";
$db['default']['database'] = "sqlite:blog.db3";
$db['default']['dbdriver'] = "pdo";

It's important to have "sqlite:" and the extension ".db3" to get this working. So far I haven't ran into any DB API issues yet so I'm excited to get going with some of my projects using sqlite3! You can even set a relative location to your db file outside your webroot location for a simple security solution.
Code:
$db['default']['database'] = "sqlite:../../blog.db3";

[eluser]lbolognini[/eluser]
[quote author="ziro" date="1239058006"]You're close to getting sqlite3 to work with CI 1.7.1. I followed the steps like you'v done here. Here's my database.php settings that worked for me.
Code:
$db['default']['hostname'] = "localhost";
$db['default']['username'] = "";
$db['default']['password'] = "";
$db['default']['database'] = "sqlite:blog.db3";
$db['default']['dbdriver'] = "pdo";

It's important to have "sqlite:" and the extension ".db3" to get this working. So far I haven't ran into any DB API issues yet so I'm excited to get going with some of my projects using sqlite3! You can even set a relative location to your db file outside your webroot location for a simple security solution.
Code:
$db['default']['database'] = "sqlite:../../blog.db3";
[/quote]

Thanks a lot Ziro, after your pointers i was able to run it. Unfortunately i couldn't try it earlier! Can't believe sqlite support is not part of the standard distro.

I did the mistake to snob sqlite for too long and now i just love it, especially since the Sqlite Manager for Firefox came out. Awesome!

L.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB