Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What authentication system for my... web apps?

[eluser]markanderson993[/eluser]
If I were you I would stick with FreakAuth. I Originally went with redux_auth but found that I had to implement extra security because redux_auth lacked session userdata. It was completely possible to account for this but some what annoying. Also, FreakAuth offers more features, it may take 15 more minutes to get acquainted with it but it is well worth it. Just give it a download.

Cheers,
Mark

[eluser]jbrozz[/eluser]
thank you Smile I have downloaded FreakAuth. Today go to install it... and test it on my web projects.

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
If you're interested in writing your own, I wrote a tutorial on it: Auth library for CodeIgniter

[eluser]jbrozz[/eluser]
thank you for link!

[eluser]jbrozz[/eluser]
[quote author="Bramme" date="1220018497"]If you're interested in writing your own, I wrote a tutorial on it: Auth library for CodeIgniter[/quote]

sorry, but... what library do you use in this tutorial?

[eluser]gunter[/eluser]
you didn´t get it? its a tutorial to write your own...

[eluser]jbrozz[/eluser]
a tutorial? This is a tutorial... to write a simple class to login/logout users....

but the library class, where is...???

The code needs Auth library to work...

auth->process_login (auth library and process_login methods)

:S

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
[quote author="jbrozz" date="1220035442"]a tutorial? This is a tutorial... to write a simple class to login/logout users....

:S[/quote]And if you would read on, you'd see you'd get to that part next. Making the auth library... You really should read things more carefully...

To quote myself:
Quote:Whoa, whoa. $this->auth? I skipped a step, don’t worry. If you would submit your form now, you’d get a pretty error saying it can’t find the process_login method or the auth library. That’s because ‘auth’ is the library we’re going to create.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
I haven't used the ones that have been contributed but I've written my own. I have one for my OS app and I am hoping to build it enough to be contributed too.

[eluser]jbrozz[/eluser]
[quote author="Bramme" date="1220036618"][quote author="jbrozz" date="1220035442"]a tutorial? This is a tutorial... to write a simple class to login/logout users....

:S[/quote]And if you would read on, you'd see you'd get to that part next. Making the auth library... You really should read things more carefully...

To quote myself:
Quote:Whoa, whoa. $this->auth? I skipped a step, don’t worry. If you would submit your form now, you’d get a pretty error saying it can’t find the process_login method or the auth library. That’s because ‘auth’ is the library we’re going to create.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I haven't read this part... of topic. :S sorry!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB