Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
jQuery not working

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Actually, Randy, when the jQuery function encounters a function as the first param, it sets it as a document.onload handler. So it's doing the same thing, just with a different syntax. I think this was implemented in 1.1.

And I'm suggesting he move an alert outside the click handler, so see if the onload handler is even being called. Because if that's not the case, his click handler won't even exist, essentially.

[eluser]RaZoR LeGaCy[/eluser]
[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1220176647"]Damn I hate when MVC screws with my JavaScript! :down:

Not sure where the problem is, RaZoR LeGaCy. Try putting an alert call in the ready callback function, and see if you get anything:

Code:
$(document).ready(
  function () {
    alert('The document is ready.');
  }
);

You can also shorten your code, for what it's worth:

Code:
$(function () {
  alert('This is shorter!');
});
[/quote]

This Worked!! the alert posted.
Finally I am getting something back.

I am still not getting the onclick to work though.

I have this

Code:
<  script type="text/javascript"  >
$(function() {
  alert('This is shorter!');

$('a.test').click(function() {
     alert("Hello world!");
   });
});
<  /script  >
<  div id="testdiv" class="testdiv"  >
<a href="" class="test" id="test">Link</a>
<  /div  >

Cool. Let's try to capture a click event on our own and see if that works.

Code:
$(function() {

document.getElementsByTagName('a')[0].onclick = function () {
    alert('Clicked!');
  };

});

didn't work

Try alert(document.getElementsByTagName('a').length) to see if we're even finding the elements.

Also, do you have any other javascript running on this page?

it worked

Okay.. what about:

Code:
$(function() {

document.getElementsByTagName('a')[0].onclick = function () {
    return confirm('Do you want to do this?');
  };

});

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1220179382"]Actually, Randy, when the jQuery function encounters a function as the first param, it sets it as a document.onload handler. So it's doing the same thing, just with a different syntax. I think this was implemented in 1.1.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification Colin. I see now. My jQuery exposure is (admittedly) a little dated since I jumped on the ExtJS wagon. I'm afraid when jQuery is "built-in" I'll be brushing up.

I ran this code - it works exactly as written. I'm not sure what the problem is for Razor.

Randy

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
After re-reading all this harangue, I'm still trying to figure out why all the hoopla.

The code works exactly as written in the OPs very first post...as long as CI is not totally mangled up.

Worked only when I removed this from the template
Code:
&lt; script type="text/javascript"&gt;
var loadtabs = new Array("1");
< /script>
&lt; script type="text/javascript"&gt;
/*
EASY TABS 1.2 Produced and Copyright by Koller Juergen
www.kollermedia.at | www.austria-media.at
Need Help? http:/www.kollermedia.at/archive/2007/07/10/easy-tabs-12-now-with-autochange
You can use this Script for private and commercial Projects, but just leave the two credit lines, thank you.
*/

//EASY TABS 1.2 - MENU SETTINGS
//Set the id names of your tablink (without a number at the end)
var tablink_idname = new Array("tablink");
//Set the id name of your tabcontentarea (without a number at the end)
var tabcontent_idname = new Array("tabmenu");
//Set the number of your tabs
var tabcount = new Array("9");
//Set the Tab wich should load at start (In this Example:Tab 2 visible on load)
//var loadtabs = new Array("1")  
//Set the Number of the Menu which should autochange (if you dont't want to have a change menu set it to 0)
var autochangemenu = 0;
//the speed in seconds when the tabs should change
var changespeed = 5;
//should the autochange stop if the user hover over a tab from the autochangemenu? 0=no 1=yes
var stoponhover = 1;
//END MENU SETTINGS

/*Swich EasyTabs Functions - no need to edit something here*/
function easytabs(menunr, active) {if (menunr == autochangemenu){currenttab=active;}if ((menunr == autochangemenu)&&(stoponhover==1)) {stop_autochange()} else if ((menunr == autochangemenu)&&(stoponhover==0))  {counter=0;}menunr = menunr-1;for (i=1; i <= tabcount[menunr]; i++){document.getElementById(tablink_idname[menunr]+i).className='tab'+i;document.getElementById(tabcontent_idname[menunr]+i).style.display = 'none';}document.getElementById(tablink_idname[menunr]+active).className='tab'+active+' tabactive';document.getElementById(tabcontent_idname[menunr]+active).style.display = 'block';}var timer; counter=0; var totaltabs=tabcount[autochangemenu-1];var currenttab=loadtabs[autochangemenu-1];function start_autochange(){counter=counter+1;timer=setTimeout("start_autochange()",1000);if (counter == changespeed+1) {currenttab++;if (currenttab>totaltabs) {currenttab=1}easytabs(autochangemenu,currenttab);restart_autochange();}}function restart_autochange(){clearTimeout(timer);counter=0;start_autochange();}function stop_autochange(){clearTimeout(timer);counter=0;}

window.onload=function(){
var menucount=loadtabs.length; var a = 0; var b = 1; do {easytabs(b, loadtabs[a]);  a++; b++;}while (b<=menucount);
if (autochangemenu!=0){start_autochange();}
}
jQuery.noConflict();
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    $("#flashMessage").show("normal",
        function()
        {
            $("#flashMessage").fadeOut(10000);
        }
        );
});
< /script>

Script is a jQuery plugin. I need this so how can I alter to use other jQuery?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB