Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter and APC Opcode caching

[eluser]Phil_B[/eluser]
Has anyone managed to get the opcode caching in APC working with CodeIgniter? The data storage works fine but I haven't noticed any improvement in page load times.

The apc.php overview page only lists the file path for the current controller as being cached. Whereas eAccelerator would list all of CI.

I've used eAccelerator successfully in the past and noticed huge performance boosts but it occasionally causes segmentation faults and crashes Apache.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Hi Phil - I too had similar experiences (seg faults and crashes). I'm a NuSphere PhpEd IDE user so I thought I would give the NuSphere PhpExpress a try. I switch over and could not be happier. It is a much simpler implementation but provides opcodes that work and accelerates 100% of CI (all versions) flawlessly.

Hope this is helpful.

Randy

[eluser]Phil_B[/eluser]
Solved. It was conflicting with ZendOptimizer.

[eluser]usmc[/eluser]
[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1220253642"]Hi Phil - I too had similar experiences (seg faults and crashes). I'm a NuSphere PhpEd IDE user so I thought I would give the NuSphere PhpExpress a try. I switch over and could not be happier. It is a much simpler implementation but provides opcodes that work and accelerates 100% of CI (all versions) flawlessly.

Hope this is helpful.

Randy[/quote]

I really like NuSphere. I did not think to try PhpExpress. Thanks for the info.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB