Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
entire site goes blank(white)

hello everyone,
I developed a website(etougebe-baptistchurch.org) using CI and it was running fine until 2 days ago that i discovered that on of the pages etougebe-baptistchurch.org/events showed only a blank page.while tryingto figure out the problem with the code(if any) the rest of the pages became white too. can someone help me? am stressed up

Thanks in advance

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2015, 03:32 PM by RobertSF.)

A blank page in PHP usually means that there's a syntax error in the code and that error reporting is turned off. You can turn error reporting on in your script with this: error_reporting(E_ALL); However, that won't work for errors that are caught in compile time, before execution starts, because that line needs to execute before it works.

The solution, then, is to turn error reporting on at the server, in the PHP.INI file. Look for a line that says error_reporting = "something" and change the something to E_ALL (the most errors reported). If you can't access your server's PHP.INI file, talk to your support or server administrator.

Meanwhile, you might also check your error log, which should be available to you via your hosting control panel. The error may or may no be logged there.

Finally, turning all error reporting on in live servers is considered a generally poor practice for security reasons. Also, working directly on a live server can be dangerous as you found out -- an error can spread. Try to set up a development server, where you do the actual development work, and when everything is right, you transfer the files to the live server. Your development server can be on your own computer, or you can just have a second installation of Codeigniter on your live server, in a separate directory.

I hope that helps!
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

Thanks Bob. I will try all of that.

Time to think of Version Control your code, you will find it helpful to manage your codes in version. IT helps you quickly differentiate
the changes you made from your previous version to latest one. Suggestion is SVN (Subversion)

Also I tested all functions before I write code, that helps and better! CI has built-in Unit Test and it useful for the purpose. Try a good
habit then you harvest a good code and manage it

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB