Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Javascript Class

[eluser]Adam Griffiths[/eluser]
Hey, I re-read ExpressionEngine 2.0: fully CodeIgnited! and was wondering how the Javascript libraries are coming along, and when might we expect to be able t play with them?

I'm no javascript junky, but having Javascript in my PHP files like other CI classes would be awesome. It looks pretty easy to use too:-

Code:
// Effect: fade a div into view
$this->javascript->fade_in(“div”);

// Event: set up a click to show a submenu
$this->javascript->click(“#button”,
    $this->javascript->hide(“.submenu”);
);

// Plugin: using a jQuery plugin
$this->jquery->tablesorter();

Plus it seems quiet on the EE Developer Blog, how's it coming along? Last I heard was that Derek and Derek went away to work on it, but that was some time ago.

Anyway just wondering. Wink

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
This really depends on perspective. I have a lot of time money and energy invested into ExtJS. If the jQuery implementation becomes "required" in someway for CI to work it will suck. And I don't need to be told that jQuery and ExtJS are compatible...go play in a sandbox someplace. This is a serious issue for me...and they are being awfully quiet about this.

[eluser]Pascal Kriete[/eluser]
They have said that it's going to be similar to the database. Different drivers for different libraries.

And I'm assuming it works like every other class and loads on demand, not every time Tongue . Still curious how this is going to work beyond basic effects, my javascript does get rather complex at times.

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
@randy Why on earth would CI "require" jquery to work. It simply goes against the whole ethos of what CI is all about.

Don't take this the wrong way but that is a ridiculous thing to say!

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="audiopleb" date="1220468016"]@randy Why on earth would CI "require" jquery to work. It simply goes against the whole ethos of what CI is all about.

Don't take this the wrong way but that is a ridiculous thing to say![/quote]

Yep it sure is...and I've seen some ridiculous things happen over the years. But never from EllisLab or from CI. So your more than likely right.

You're not the first to call me crazy...Colin Williams does it daily :roll: hehehehehe

Randy

[Edit] p.s. If the jQuery UI ever gets to the point that ExtJS is....this will be a moot point!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB