Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to get the latest SVN version?

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
I felt like playing a bit with the latest CI SVN version, but I'm stuck. In the very beginning. How the hell do I get all the files on my localhost???

I'm on a Windows PC, I've got Xampp lite running and Tortoise SVN installed, however, when I use SVN Checkout from the Tortoise menu and enter the link, it just fails...

I've been reading the documentation, googling stuff, but can't get it to work. Can anyone explain to me how I should do this, or how point me to a useful guide?

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
Hi,
I have been doing checkouts from CI SVN pretty regularly. I use TortoiseSVN too. What I have done is created a folder named Codeigniter. Right click on it and click on checkout. Put the SVN link http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/trunk into the URL to Repository box. And click on Ok. You should be able to get the latest version of CI into that folder. In case you have issues try to visit the link through your browser and see if it is working. If you are not able to access the link in the browser there is some sort of filter which does not allow the connection. I have the same issue with one of my 2 ISPs. But since its working fine on the other ISP I did not cared much about resolving it.

-Sarfaraz

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
Heh, just found out why it wasn't working: I'm at work at the moment and they use a proxy. However, when I enter it, (euregproxy, port 80) it's not working either...

I've had the same problem with Filezilla. couldn't connect there either.

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
Cool !!! CI SVN is never found to be not working. Its good you figured it out to get it working or I should say the reason why its not working.

-Sarfaraz

[eluser]Bramme[/eluser]
Works like a charm on my computer at home ^^ Gonna develop something tomorrow, offcourse it won't be ready by tomorrow, but I can promise it'll be something for the community.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB