Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any news on Code Igniter V2 (specifically HMVC) ?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Neovive, the way Dave laid it out makes it sound much simpler than that. You don't have to flex your OOP muscles just to figure out what file to load. What Dave explained was just an organizational convention. Sounds like you expect it to be more than that?

[eluser]Darkbob[/eluser]
I haven't really use this architectural pattern.

The css 'like' you are speaking about seems as MVC combined with the GOF chain of responsibility pattern ( if a controller cannot process the event, it delegate it to another one), or am I mistaken?

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
I believe it is a wholesale forklift of the class. If there is a file with the same name that contains the class declaration, it replaces whatever declaration that comes before it regardless of the declaration that came before it.

Do I have this right Dave?

[edit] In other words - no inheritance. It becomes a new class declaration.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Quote:I guess I’ve confused your being a jackal with your being immature.

Randy, you are quick to post witty criticism's and call it humour, Take some of your own medicine for once.

And don't get so upset man, chill. Wink

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Screw you Wired. Hows that for witty.

I may just start going through all the shit in your signature block next week. Then maybe the criticisms will start for real.
===============

Now back on topic for the Darkbob's benefit. Is my previous post about the fork lifting of classes correct?

The resident non-contributor.

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
[quote author="Randy Casburn" date="1220687990"]Screw you Wired. Hows that for witty.

I may just start going through all the shit in your signature block next week. Then maybe the criticisms will start for real. [/quote]

Personal vendetta's aside, Please do look into my contributions to the CI community. If you need help understanding anything don't hesitate to ask.

[eluser]thurting[/eluser]
In other news ZF 1.6 came out. Zend_Tool is just around the corner and looks awesome (you can check it out in SVN). The team has stated that 1.7 will be geared towards performance optimization. ZF is a really good project and I suggest you check it out if you haven't.

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
I'm with the "eschew complexity" crowd that CI is aimed at. I looked into ZF and didn't find it appealing in that way.

[eluser]thurting[/eluser]
If by 'complexity' you mean flexibility, then yes, the ZF is very 'complex.' Seriously, I don't know when the last time you looked at the core was, but the project is maturing at a fast rate and has some super powerful libraries.

[eluser]Neovive[/eluser]
[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1220704956"]I'm with the "eschew complexity" crowd that CI is aimed at. I looked into ZF and didn't find it appealing in that way.[/quote]

It definitely takes some time to get used to the ZF way of doing things. I find that just integrating some of the excellent ZF libraries into CI or Kohana is a good approach for most people.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB