Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Redux Authentication 2 Beta Released

[eluser]trippc[/eluser]
Looks great. Just downloaded. I get the following error when registering...

Quote:A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: models/redux_auth_model.php

Line Number: 505
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1048

Column 'group_id' cannot be null

It looks like there is no group value in the database? Do we add this on our own?

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Yes, you will need to add your own groups and set the default in the config.

I will add some example data next time.

Thank you.

[eluser]trippc[/eluser]
I posted this same question to the author of DX Auth and would like to hear how it would work in Redux...

Quote:I am working on a site that will have vacation rentals that will be posted by the owners of the property, that will be able to be searched on and rented. Thus I will need to have two sets of registration. One for the owners of the property and one for the renters. The basic info collected will be the same for each (name, email, password) however the additional profile for each will be different. The owner will be able to post new properties for rent and the registered individuals will be able to, via form, rent the property.

Another example needing this type of functionality would be a job site. 2 different user groups (employers posting jobs and job seekers posting resume) with different registration needs but still interact together.

What is your recommendation on the best way to set something like this up from the registration and auth aspects with your library?

Thanks in advance!

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
My recommendation would be to have 2 groups "owners", "renters".

You can then create 2 registration forms and to set the default group for both of them you will need to use
Code:
$this->config->set_item('default_group', 'renters');

That would go in the registration method so they sign up with the right group.

Both would go into the same users table and any additional information should be stored in the meta table. You can see an example of how this works in the example application.

The properties page where they can post new property does not relate to the auth library and should be handled your own way

[eluser]trippc[/eluser]
I added to the database a group "member" as is in the config and now get this error...

Something went wrong, please try again or contact the helpdesk.

on top of the registration page.

BTW... the link in your sig file is broken.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Email activation is on by default so make sure you edit email.php with your correct email server settings or you can turn it off in redux_auth.php

Hope that helps.

[eluser]trippc[/eluser]
Yes. that fixed it by turning off email.

[eluser]trippc[/eluser]
Any plans for Captcha/ReCaptcha or limiting number of log in attempts? I like what I see so far... clean and lightweight!

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
I might add ReCaptcha as a plugin to the core system and limiting the number of attempts is still going to be implemented.

For anyone who has downloaded the Beta build, can you give a comment about how it performs, ease of use, etc ...

Cheers.

[eluser]port23user[/eluser]
[quote author="Popcorn" date="1220725674"]Home Page |
Version 2 will fix those issues and go farther as to include a ready made website with administrative back-end, the ability to pick and select what columns you want to use to login with, an installation controller for fast set-up, Access Control Lists and integration with phpBB, Vanilla and other popular web applications.
[/quote]
This really caught my attention. Can you elaborate on what you meant by "integration with phpBB, Vanilla and other popular web applications?" I've seen tutorials on the CI forums for integrating other auth libraries with Vanilla, but it required installing dipping. Will it be the same way? Or will the integration be built in?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB