Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Really need some help with Google Checkout here...

[eluser]littlejim84[/eluser]
I have a very simple shopping basket system that I have made for a client's website, using CodeIgniter as the framework. It's VERY simple, but it's all he needs right now. The site has the option to add products to a database powered shopping cart (based on IP addresses) and it totals up the price and then it has a Google Checkout button (and will have a PayPal button too) for the user to buy.

I've signed up for a Google Checkout sandbox account and have tried out the test code that they give me. But it just doesn't work! ... I've unticked the option in Checkout, so it doesn't require a secure XML certificate and all I need is the simple HTML intragration options. Has anyone here at all got experience with Google Checkout with their project?

My current code is this:

Code:
<form method="POST"
    name="checkout" action="https://sandbox.google.com/checkout/api/checkout/v2/checkoutForm/Merchant/#############">

<input type="hidden" name="item_name_1" value="Peanut Butter"/>
  <input type="hidden" name="item_description_1" value="Chunky peanut butter."/>
  <input type="hidden" name="item_quantity_1" value="1"/>
  <input type="hidden" name="item_price_1" value="3.99"/>
  <input type="hidden" name="item_currency_1" value="USD"/>

<input type="hidden" name="ship_method_name_1" value="UPS Ground"/>
  <input type="hidden" name="ship_method_price_1" value="10.99"/>

<input type="hidden" name="tax_rate" value="0.0875"/>
  <input type="hidden" name="tax_us_state" value="NY"/>

<input type="hidden" name="_charset_"/>

<input type="image" name="Google Checkout" alt="Fast checkout through Google"
src="http://sandbox.google.com/checkout/buttons/checkout.gif?merchant_id=#############&w=180&h=46&style=white&variant=text&loc=en_US"
height="46" width="180"/>

</form>

Here is the sample code... But it just returns an error page, saying the page cannot be found. I've tried taking out the '/Merchant' part of the form action (which was previously advised to me) but this just comes up with an error saying it's a Malformed URI error.

I'm getting really stuck here... My client's project is coming to an end, and I have no idea how to get this working. I've tried SitePoint (no luck) and I've tried posting on the Google Checkout Discussion group (again, no luck).

I really hope someone here can help me? It's a CodeIgniter project, so I didn't know if it was something to do with CodeIgniter itself?

Please help (in anyway you can!) Cheers.
- Jim

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB