Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
jQuery upgarde and UI Datepicker

[eluser]GrootBaas[/eluser]
Hi all,

I just upgrade form jQuery 1.2.3 to 1.2.6. I load the jQuery library with the jQuery helper in CI.

My problem is that UI Datepicker dont work in IE7 anymore, but it still works in Firefox 2.

I do believe that there is no problem with my jQuery library, as Flexigrid is working fine.

I have read that the UI Datepicker is now part of the jQuery library :roll:

Any idea of what I can do to fix my problem?

Thanks in advance ...

[eluser]imzyos[/eluser]
First, Jquery have a really good support group, we're here to help you if the topic it's about CI, but i think that the problem its that Jquery UI developers have changed the API of the component and maybe the helper don't support it

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
I think you read that wrong, jQuery and jQuery UI are two different things. It like prototype and script.aculo.us. The first is the base framework and the other is the display framework that extends the base framework.

I agree with imzyos, you should check the jQuery google group for this kind of problems. They will be more aware of the problems.

[eluser]imzyos[/eluser]
Jquery UI uses Jquery as Core obviously... and yes, the API was changed to be more more solid, maybe you could, code with JS and forget the helper, or change the helper, or make another helper

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Imzyos the first paragraph of my response was meant for GrootBaas Smile

I don't think the datepicker needs server generated data?

[eluser]imzyos[/eluser]
Maybe and maybe not, if he is using a helper to generate js code, maybe he dont know how to make it just with javascript, also he uses the datepicker to show a date from the database to allow change it, the behaviour depends of the problem ;-) i guess

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
Ya the datepicker api did change. In one of my projects I had to change the way I added the datepicker:
Code:
$(document).ready(function() {
    // changed this:
    // $('.inputDate').attachDatepicker();
    // to this:
    $('.inputDate').datepicker();
});
Quote:I have read that the UI Datepicker is now part of the jQuery library
Not unless that has changed in the last couple of months. I still needed to include the ui datepicker.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB