Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Sign here if you use SQL Server

[eluser]dcunited08[/eluser]
Driver works for me, I had hacked the original one a bit but returned it to original state. Thanks gusa!

[eluser]hooflung64[/eluser]
While I love postgresql ( which needs better support in CI ) and Mysql ( which has been flawless in CI ) I am always being impressed with MS's ability to play catchup and SQL Server 2008 has postgresql-like Full Text Search and IIS 7.0 on Server 2k8 is starting to look impressive.

Thus, before my code is live and data is created I'd like to try SQL Server 2k8 for my FT needs. We are already having to buy it and it makes me sad that SQL Server is one of the shoddy aspects of CI since I swear by CI now for my projects.

[eluser]one4all[/eluser]
For information, _ext drivers doesn't work for me....

Seems to not support things like
Code:
SUM(CONVERT(FLOAT, rowname)) AS label

SQL result in
Code:
SUM, CONVERT(FLOAT, rowname), AS Label
which of course causes errors on MSSQL !

Hope it's help to improve.... and I hope support of SQL SERVER will be stable in future version of CI.
one4all

[eluser]dcunited08[/eluser]
I am trying out the latest 1.7.0 release and, so far, so good. The whole function that was giving a lot of the problems was done away with. Please update with your experiences. BTW 1.7 breaks mssql_ext

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
Our web server will be accessing our intranet in order to access some data on it ... all these servers run in MS land so it's all going to be MS SQL. I plan on keeping it simple though.

I'll probably be working on it later this week actually.

[eluser]JulianM[/eluser]
Hi, please can you update your experiences about using SQLServer in CodeIgniter?

I'm starting a new project that needs to use MSSQL and I want to make sure CodeIgniter can handle it, instead of using any other framework or programming language.

Thanks,

Julian

[quote author="skattabrain" date="1225233778"]Our web server will be accessing our intranet in order to access some data on it ... all these servers run in MS land so it's all going to be MS SQL. I plan on keeping it simple though.

I'll probably be working on it later this week actually.[/quote]

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
actually ... the project changed a bit and due to vendor related issues, i'm actually using code igniter to fuel a XML rpc web service on the win server. And the database isn't MSSQL anymore it's a vendor specific flat file, and I use an ODBC driver to run my queries. So active record style queries out the window. But once I know how the ODBC driver wants the query to look, I paste it into CI like so ...

Code:
$query = $this->db->query("SELECT * FROM { oj SO_SalesOrderHistoryHeader LEFT OUTER JOIN SO_SalesOrderHistoryDetail
        ON SO_SalesOrderHistoryHeader.SalesOrderNo = SO_SalesOrderHistoryDetail.SalesOrderNo }
        WHERE SO_SalesOrderHistoryHeader.SalesOrderNo = '".$parameter]."'");

It's a pain in the ass but far better off than not using CI.

CI rules.

[eluser]Emanuel01[/eluser]
Hmm I use MSSQL only on large projects ( like a C aplication or a php-socket project ) and every interaction with database is maked by a stored procedur, belive me is better to use them .

[eluser]whobutsb[/eluser]
After much frustration and lots of help from @gusa (THANKS!). I have finally nailed down how to use MSSQL databases with CI proficiently. The hardest part of the entire process was getting LIMIT to work. Gusa's MSSQL_DB_EXT was needed to get LIMIT to work properly.

The only issue is using Join statements with LIMIT. When I would use a pagination script and use the limit query it wouldn't pagenate (spelling?) correctly. It would append the rows to the previous set.

So to get around this I had to break my query up into two parts. The first part was to get the IDs of the rows i wanted to limit. Once I got the IDs I would run search on them for the additional information.

Sort of a round about method of working with Joins and Limits. It would be nice to see CI's future releases to properly support MSSQL and all of the function.

[eluser]JulianM[/eluser]
Did you use sqlsrv library? I recommend you to look there.

This requires SQL Server Driver for PHP. You can download it from Microsoft website for free.

[quote author="whobutsb" date="1233891150"]After much frustration and lots of help from @gusa (THANKS!). I have finally nailed down how to use MSSQL databases with CI proficiently. The hardest part of the entire process was getting LIMIT to work. Gusa's MSSQL_DB_EXT was needed to get LIMIT to work properly.[/quote]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB