Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Plugins/Modules

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi I'm new to CodeIgniter and for that reason I need a little help.

I'm doing a research for technical information on several PHP frameworks. The purpose of this research is the development of a management system for the company I work on. What I'm trying to know is that if CodeIgniter supports the development of a Web Application that supports plougins/modules. I know CodeIgniter supports plugins but those plugins are for the CodeIgniter core, right? What I want to know is that an application built using CodeIgniter can support herself plugins.

Thanks.

[eluser]mathew edison[/eluser]
If I'm not mistaking you can simply write a whole script in the modle folder and then simply call it in the desired controller like so

Code:
$this->load->model('addon');
$this->addon->function();

This would allow for an easy to use addon system. I'm not sure if this is the way you make addons in CI but I know it's a way of doing it.

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
Hi rammer! Codeigniter needs a little coding to be able to build an application with it that supports modules/plugin/extensions. We managed to do this thing at (Webber) and we're pretty satisfied with what came out. We have tutorials and videos uploaded to demonstrate that it can take less than an hour to develop a functional module so, to answer your question, yes...Codeigniter can make that.

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
Also - searching these forums should give you the answers you are looking for.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Thanks for all the replies so far. Smile I'll search the forum for some aditional answers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB