Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Use CI as a trimmed-down application to complement other CMSes/ecommerce systems?

[eluser]Jon L[/eluser]
has anyone created a CI application that complements existing CMS or ecommerce systems?
I'm primarily interested in seeing existing code that is portable to multiple CMS systems without completely hijacking the system it's complementing.

[eluser]Jamie Rumbelow[/eluser]
People have mixed CodeIgniter with other CMSs and Forum Board. Many of these can be found at the CodeIgniter Wiki.

Have a look through them, and see what you can find.

[eluser]llbbl[/eluser]
it works great with this cms, I don't know if you heard about before, called expression engine.

Tongue

[eluser]Jon L[/eluser]
yeah, I've used EECore, it's fine, but I'm interested from a developer point of view, creating an application with CI that can complement existing CMS and ecommerce software, so I can easily sell my software cross-platform.

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
You can try many apps..Just visit http://www.codeigniterdirectory.com/ for already build products.

[eluser]Jon L[/eluser]
I'm not seeing anything that actually complements existing CMSes. I've now checked the Wiki and CIDirectory (Yash), nothing.

BTW Yash, if that's your website, there's a broken banner at the bottom of CI Directory

EDIT: to clarify, I'm looking for existing CI apps that have been tied into a CMS or ecommerce package. I'd like to see working examples of CI being portable/usable while properly integrated to work with other software packages

Maybe I'm asking too much :-)

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
That is not my site ..Too Pixel manages

No you're not asking too much.That why we use CI.More flexibility more power.

You can start with anyone's app like mine blog you can easily add more features without any complexity.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB