Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Limitations to the file upload Class,

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have been using CodeIgniter for some time now and have found that my experiences have been very smooth. My need for customization has been limited up until now.

I am using the file upload class, and encountered problems with uploading files other than standard images and documents, for example JavaScript files but what I would like to do is upload any type of file actually with the following...

Code:
$config[ "allowed_types" ] = "*";

My second issue has been uploading many files via this syntax

Code:
<input name="userFile[]" type="file" />

This sends your posts to the server as an array, This will cause CodeIgniter to throw an error, because the Upload class methods have not been set to accept an array of files.

Now should this be considered a bug, or are these issues out of scope.

Thanks and enjoy.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Just as a side note, I have realized that CodeIgniter was not designed to do these two things at all, so I will finish writing my own alternative, but I would like suggestions as to how to approach these topics.

Should this be considered a limitation of CodeIgniter and out of scope for the project or is it a bug that no one thought of and completely over looked.

I would like to further discuss this issue but to do that we need to post ones own thoughts,

Thanks guys, hope to hear some ideas.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB