Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form that Submits to a Database

[eluser]Jason McCallister[/eluser]
I have been reading the user guide and I have been trying to figure something out. Basically I need a quick and simple tutorial that explains how to create a simple form that submits to a database. I know how to connect to the database, I'm just confused on how to create a form without the scaffolding.

Also any good resources from the community?

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewreply/466403/

is that site you linked to only for files? I think you could make that a community tutorial site! Those are really useful!

Thanks. thisloadview.com will be a CI Tut/Screencast site eventually. Just bought Camtasia Studio so I can do better screencasts (longer than 5 mins!)

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
[quote author="WTHIGO?" date="1222689412"]I have been reading the user guide and I have been trying to figure something out. Basically I need a quick and simple tutorial that explains how to create a simple form that submits to a database. I know how to connect to the database, I'm just confused on how to create a form without the scaffolding.

Also any good resources from the community?[/quote]

So you're using Codeigniter but don't know how to save a form to the database? Smile

We all start somewhere, manilodisan Smile But you are right. You really need to be able to think through these things in your head before you start writing any code; meaning: You ought to know how it should work before you learn how it does work.

I know we all start from somewhere but I consider this a very bad start. Codeigniter has it's own 'language' and I suggest you to learn PHP before learning CI. Not to judge anyone but I strongly believe your path to learning PHP would be longer this way and you might get confused many times along the way...

I fully agree, manilodisan. I was just pushing for a more constructive response (not that you were being cynical, but you know how this typically goes down in forums...)

I know ..I know...I'm running 4, had 6 simultaneous Smile)

Nice Welcome to the Community...

Either way, that is not my style of learning. I am analytical so therefore I dive into things and learn by examples and breaking/fixing them. Hands on if you will. I have a background in ASP .NET not PHP so I may not be a "PHP Guru" but I can figure things out.

As far as learning PHP before CI... I know a little bit of PHP but I want to learn the CI way. No that "traditional" learn PHP first method you recommend.

@Colin, thanks for the links.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB