Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
NEWBIE on CI please for PHP IDE

[eluser]itot[/eluser]
Dear friends

i'm newbie on CI there's any suggestion for editor that's free on windows for PHP IDE

best regards

ITOT

[eluser]Yash[/eluser]
Search for similar threads..there are few threads with huge info
I use context and dreamweaver ;-P

[eluser]dimis[/eluser]
You may test Netbeans.org for php, debugging is a plus.
http://bits.netbeans.org/download/trunk/nightly/latest/

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
Give EasyEclipse a try.

Eclipse is a very old very well developed and maintained IDE which can handle anything you throw it at. EasyEclipse is that IDE with a bunch of plugins stuck in and configured all nicely for people not looking for a difficult time.

[eluser]Jon L[/eluser]
I guess it's just me, but I've never found Eclipse easy to use. Even using Zend Studio for Eclipse, I find that I dislike the application.

Currently I prefer Zend Studio 5.5 (non-Eclipse version), Editplus 2, and Nusphere PhpED

[eluser]miky4e[/eluser]
Easy PHP is fantastic solution to develop you web apps under GNU/Linux or PC Windows Wink

[eluser]RESPECT[/eluser]
Eclipse is great, give it a try. I used that before moving to notepad++ and then to intype. Before getting a mac and using textmate haha.

Give notepad++ & intype a look. Intype is a newer and still in alpha text editor...its the textmate for windows almost. Its great. Simple editors might not be your thing but both those are goodSmile

[eluser]Colin Williams[/eluser]
Eclipse is good, but it can be a fuss to get just right. I would avoid the Aptana plugin, though. In my experience, it seems to freak out after a few hours and start throwing sporadic errors every 30 seconds.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
[quote author="Colin Williams" date="1222823970"]I would avoid the Aptana plugin, though. In my experience, it seems to freak out after a few hours and start throwing sporadic errors every 30 seconds.[/quote]
I haven't had any problems with Aptana. Edit: I'm using the php plugin.

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
[quote author="Rick Jolly" date="1222827858"][quote author="Colin Williams" date="1222823970"]I would avoid the Aptana plugin, though. In my experience, it seems to freak out after a few hours and start throwing sporadic errors every 30 seconds.[/quote]
I haven't had any problems with Aptana.[/quote]

I concur. Although I am an ardent PhpEd fan and user, I use Aptana extensively for ExtJS development.

Randy

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB