Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
AclController 0.1.0 - phpGACL enabled Controllers

[eluser]NikhilSukul[/eluser]
I got it working, :-)
but i have a question.

Let's say i am revamping an application in which the users and the groups are predefined. The number of users are in hundreds. How can i use this ACL library to use the existing database, so that i can control the users and groups permission in phpgacl interface.

One more thing, in case of authenticated users invalid or wrong data, if i want to redirect to my own login controller, how can i do that. Example:

i have localhost/index.php/blog

and

localhost/index.php/blog/comments

through PHPGACL interface, i made DENY for comments function. So, when i go to this url:
localhost/index.php/blog/comments

i get a Http Auth popup, if i enter invalid entries, i goes to "blog/login", but in my case my login controller in index.php/login.

How to redirect to index.php/login rather than blog/login?

[eluser]Frank Berger[/eluser]
Out of my head i don't know what the 0.1.0 version had implemented of that or not, but both features are implemented in my latest version.

User-authentication can then be controlled much more granular, you can read from other database tables, or alternatively define a plugin which will do the authentication procedure (for example to implement an ldap or pop or radius or whatever authentication).

The group-problem is partially solved in that way that it will be easy to generate acl-groups. I usually have then some triggers which will add or remove group-membership in ACL if for example the external groupmembership changes. The same it wouldn't be to hard to implement a mirroring tool for acl-groups.
I use a simple Observer class for that..

the redirection - as well as dialogs like 'you dont have enough permissions for this' - are much more granular as well.. I will try and have a release as soon as possible

Frank

hi frank,

where i can find your latest version? can you give me the link to download?

hi frank , can you tell me , when are you going to release your next version, or can you please guide me how to do those changes (as mentioned in this thread previously by me), in the existing code?

[eluser]thomasR[/eluser]
What's the status of this? I could really use it but I haven't found any version other than 0.1.0.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB