Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
PGP Encryption

[eluser]Billy Khan[/eluser]
I need to pgp encrypt data submitted in a form and email the encrypted data to a designated recipient. No data is allowed to be stored on the server.

Doing searches for pgp seems to return nothing... anyone got any ideas? It doesnt necessarily need to be pgp, but as far as i know, it is the most widely supported way to encrypt emails.

Thanks

[eluser]manilodisan[/eluser]
I never tried it but I think you should ask the support staff at pgp if there's any implementation for developers to use with various programming languages. I saw pgp for many things including ftp clients so, I guess, there must be something for your needs too.

[eluser]Billy Khan[/eluser]
I since discovered GNUPG which i could use, required installing the app on the server but seems fairly simple to implement.

http://devzone.zend.com/node/view/id/1265

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
PGP is an open standard, so there are a few implemenations. Most notable are the proprietary PGP Corporation and GNUPG.

Most shared hosts have gnupg installed and you can create keys through cpanel if available. If you want a good free email client, the Mozilla Thunderbird Enigmail plugin is the best. Alternatively, you could integrate with Outlook/Express using the PGP Corporation product which is fairly full-featured even after the trial period (you just can't encrypt via the GUI after the trial, you can still decrypt).

To encrypt via php, you'll have to use the exec() or system() method and provide the correct pgp command so you'll need to know your server's path to pgp.

I've done this pgp thing a few times now. Let me know if you have specific questions or need a script example.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB