Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[SOLVED] XAMPP & WAMP not displaying errors?

[eluser]janogarcia[/eluser]
Recently I run into a bug on the production server (RedHat) due to XAMPP not showing a "Headers already sent" error on the development machine (Windows).

In order to test it, I've checked this script against the following development servers with these results:

Code:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
echo 'Headers sent here!';
header('Location: http://www.google.com');
?>

WAMP 2.0 - Does not display "Headers already sent" error
XAMPP 1.4.14 - Does not display "Headers already sent" error
XAMPP 1.6.4 - Does display "Headers already sent" error

I'm migrating all my projects form XAMPP to WAMP (due to its flexibility to reproduce more accurately the production server characteristics).

How can I get WAMP to show this error?

I've attached the current WAMP php.ini file.

[EDIT]
php.ini also available here http://pastie.org/286858

[eluser]Nicolight[/eluser]
I have exactly the same problem with Wampserver 2.0. I cannot see some of the errors, most of the time notices and warnings like "Cannot modify header information". I checked the php.ini file and I have

- error_reporting = E_ALL
- display_errors = On

I am testing it on Mamp and on a live server as well, where all the errors are displayed correctly.

I have attached my php.ini as well

Hi Nicolight,

Eventualy I found the source of the problem I described. It was related to the output_buffering directive. Pay attention to how the WAMP php.ini management works! (is a bit missleading)

Don't know if it is applicable to your case. Hope it helps.

[eluser]Nicolight[/eluser]
Hi Janogarcia,

Thanks a lot for your answer, it dealt with my problem as well! I set the output_buffering to
Quote:Off
in the correct WAMP php.ini file as indicated in your link.

BTW: How do I mark the thread as solved?

I've marked it as SOLVED.

Nice to know that it was helpful!

Welcome to CodeIgniter.

[eluser]industrial[/eluser]
Hi!

I am experiencing the same problems. Have set output buffering to off, but still see no errors. What is going on and what can I do?

[eluser]industrial[/eluser]
[quote author="industrial" date="1272251709"]Hi!

I am experiencing the same problems. Have set output buffering to off, but still see no errors. What is going on and what can I do?[/quote]

It was Xdebug that caused it to malfunction, so if you are running a few months old version of xDebug and experiencing this, try to update it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB